So… what in the world just happened? And what comes next?
In this uncertain spring of 2021, we’re marking milestones, in school and in life, while looking out for the first Brood X cicadas—and poking our own heads out of the ground, now that more of us are safely vaccinated and the worst of the COVID-19 pandemic finally seems to be over. (At least here in the United States.) “I realized I’m probably not as much of an introvert as I thought I was,” reflects Chloe. “But that whole curbside-pickup thing—can we keep that?”
- Noah Hawes (host), from Elementz
- Leslie “Lee” Walker, from Elementz
- Chloe Dixon, Madiera H.S./Kennedy Heights Center’s Tellus Zine
- Nailah Edwards, University of Cincinnati, from Democracy & Me
- Ginger Whickerson, School for Creative and Performing Arts